Publisher: Joe Zeff Design
This groundbreaking app represents a new way to enjoy photography. More than a gallery of pictures, it is an inspirational story for photographers and non-photographers alike about what’s possible when people push themselves to go above and beyond.
George Steinmetz is a National Geographic photographer whose imagery reveals a world that otherwise would never be seen. For the past 25 years he has brought to his work the eye of a master photographer, the mind of a Stanford-educated geophysics major, and the determination of an adventurer willing to risk his life in a motorized paraglider in search of natural beauty invisible from the ground. With a better understanding of George’s persona and processes, one can look beyond the intricate patterns and surreal landscapes in his photography to truly appreciate what makes these images — and our world — unique.
Interact with photography like never before:
• Hear directly from George how each photograph came to be, as well as the police chases, windstorms, equipment malfunctions and rocky landings that nearly got in the way.
• Explore satellite imagery and maps of each location to discover exotic places throughout the world where George has travelled for magazine assignments.
• Learn about George’s motorized paraglider and what makes it fly, through interactive graphics and an exclusive video that puts you in the harness.
• Analyze the details of each picture — George’s camera settings, caption information, and high-resolution enlargements that provide an up-close look.
• Share your favorite photographs through e-mail at the tap of a button. (Internet connection required.)
Recommended for all ages.