Publisher: Hachette Book Group, Inc.
Ansel Adams for the iPad provides a multi-tiered introduction to the life and work of the most honored American photographer of the twentieth century. This groundbreaking app has been made possible by the interactivity and luminous visual display of the iPad and was created by The Ansel Adams Trust in collaboration with Hachette Digital.
• A slideshow of 40 Ansel Adams photographs, with optional audio narration, written commentary, or synchronized music
• Option to run the slideshow with any musical selection from your iTunes library
• Send-an-e-card feature, allowing the user to create a vintage-looking e-postcard with an Ansel Adams photograph, enter a message, and email to friends directly out of the app
• Embedded video excerpts from documentary films about Adams
• Letters between Adams and Alfred Stieglitz, Georgia O’Keeffe, Edward Weston, Garry Trudeau, President Carter, and others, with many shown in facsimile
• Delightful and amusing postcards that Adams sent to his closest friends Beaumont and Nancy Newhall while on the road photographing America’s wild places–with flip-to-read functionality
• Facsimile reproduction of the Ansel Adams Playboy interview, the most substantial print interview he ever gave
• A new chronology of the key moments in Adams’ life and career
• A complete bibliography
• Web links to sites of interest to Ansel Adams fans
Ansel Adams (1902 – 1984) was the most honored American photographer of the twentieth century. Through the exhibition and publication of his work, his writings, and his leadership in the Sierra Club, Adams was also a prescient and highly effective voice in the fight to preserve America’s remaining wilderness.