Publisher: PhotoPills S.L.
Device: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Discover how to easily plan any Sun, Moon and Milky Way shoot you imagine, for any location on Earth… systematically!
Whether you’re a seasoned photographer, a professional filmmaker or someone who’s barely touched a camera, PhotoPills will make you love designing, planning and taking unique images.
* All in one
The First 2D Map-Centric Sun, Moon and Milky Way Planner – Sun, Moon Alignments Fast Finder – 3D Augmented Reality: Sun, Moon, Milky Way, Celestial Equator, Polaris, DoF, FoV – Photo Plans Manager – Location Scouting Tool – Info: Sunrise/set, Twilights, Golden Hour, Blue Hour – Info: Moonrise/set, Supermoon dates, Moon Calendar – Calculators: Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trails, Long Exposures, Hyperfocal Table, DoF, FoV, Subject Distance, Focal Length Match – Complete User Guide and much more…
* Endorsed by Masters
“PhotoPills is an invaluable tool which I use every time I plan a shoot.” – Mark Gee, Astronomy Photographer of the Year
“A tool every photographer should have” – Kevin Raber, Luminous-landscape.com
“It pays off! Using such a tool ensures that we are repeatedly capable of quickly planning powerful shots; leaving maximum opportunity for more creative ruminations.” – José B. Ruiz, Innovation Award, Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
* Take control
Have you ever walked through a place and thought: “It’s too bad the moon isn’t RIGHT there… would have made a great photo!”? What about the sun? And the Milky Way? Now you can just let your imagination fly and calculate when it happens:
– Imagine: the Milky Way arching over a powerful landscape, the full moon setting under a secret stone arch, a sunrise between two giant rocks on a magic beach, a sunset over the main street in your hometown or a dramatic full moon appearing from behind a nearby hill.
– Plan: easily calculate the exact date and time the scene you’ve imagined happens, work smarter!
– Shoot: just get out there, immerse yourself in the great outdoors and enjoy capturing unique moments.
* No frustrations
No matter how many ideas you have, quickly calculate whether the photo is possible or not. Avoid wasting your precious time in useless research work.
* Never waste an unmissable scene again
Create a To-Do list of planned photos and get to the location on time.
* Get it right
Adjust your frame for the best composition before you shoot. Use the 3D Augmented Reality Views to see whether the sun, moon, Milky Way, celestial equator and Polaris will be at the desired position when pressing the shutter.
* Discover great places; create your own database of locations
If you come across a location you’d like to remember, use PhotoPills to save it as a Point of Interest. Add descriptive photos and notes.
* Focus on creativity; leave the calculations to us, the math nerds
– Calculate: time lapse settings, equivalent long exposures, star trails simulations, max. exposure time to get stars as bright spots, settings for a desired level of sharpness, settings for a desired field of view, lens selection and subject distance for a desired framing, min. distance to subject to capture it, equiv. lens focal Length to produce same FoV, etc.
– Predict: sun, moon, Milky Way, celestial equator and Polaris position and path.
* Share your creations
Whether you want to show your results to your friends and family or the whole world, PhotoPills has got you covered. Share your photo plans, secret locations and all kinds of calculations on Facebook and Twitter, or both at once with a few taps.
* Meet up
Export your photo plans and locations by email. Invite your friends to come with you to take the photo. PhotoPillers will be able to import and study the shot you’ve planned.