Publisher: MacPhun LLC
Device: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Turn any of your iPhone photos into professionally looking stylish pictures.
Focusoid permits to easily simulate different out-of-focus techniques used by professional photographers, like Shallow Focus, Depth of Field or Tilt Shift effects.
Depth Of Field (aka DOF) is an effect that shows the portion of a scene that appears acceptably sharp in the image. The decrease in sharpness is gradual on each side of the focused distance, so that within the DOF, the unsharpness is imperceptible under normal viewing conditions.
Shallow Focus – a photographic technique incorporating a small depth of field. In shallow focus one plane of the image is in focus while the rest is out of focus. Shallow focus is typically used to emphasize one part of the image over another.
Tilt Shift photography refers to the use of camera movements on small- and medium-format cameras, and sometimes specifically refers to the use of tilt for selective focus, often for simulating a miniature scene. This effect is often used to simulate miniature scenes or to add those toy camera effects.
More than that, with Focusoid you’ll be able to create beautiful dramatic looking black&white photos with some chosen details left in color. Unlike all others apps simulating this effects you’ll be able to use it together with Tilt Shift or Shallow focus effect.
By experimenting with those tools you’ll add admirable never seen before looks to your photos.
You can also add stylish Vignette to add a bit of a vintage look.
– Blur Tool, with different levels of Blur and Background blur – To create Shallow Focus and DOF effects.
– Radial Blur Tool – To create radial Tilt Shift Effects.
– Linear Blur Tool – To create linear Tilt Shift Effects.
– All of above mentioned effects have a ‘Mono’ option. This permits to easily add that beautiful black&white effect with some objects or areas left in color.
– Vignette Tool – To add that retro look.
– Adjust Tool – To adjust Brightness, Contrast and Saturation of your picture.
– You can use photos from your iPhone/iPod albums or instantly take a new photo from inside the app (for iPhones only)
– Save pictures to your Photo Albums in various resolutions.
– Easily E-mail your resulting pictures from inside the app.